University College London
18 September 2012
A one day symposium at UCL in conjunction with 4Humanities, Arts Emergency, UCL Centre for Digital Humanities, and UCL Department of Information Studies.
Government and private support for the humanities—for research, teaching, preservation, and creative renewal in such fields as literature, history, languages, philosophy, classics, art history, and cultural studies - is in decline. What can we do to demonstrate that the Arts and Humanities matter?
This free, one day symposium, will feature leading figures in understanding, demonstrating, and advocating for the Arts and Humanities. The symposium will also mark the launch of the local 4Humanities@UCL chapter.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Alan Liu, University of California Santa Barbara, and 4Humanities founder
- Dr Rüdiger Klein, European Alliance for the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Amy Westwell and Oliver Milne, The Free Hetherington Campaign
- Neil Griffiths, Arts Emergency
- Dr Anna Upchurch, University of Leeds, and Dr Eleonora Belfiore, University of Warwick
- Professor Andrew Prescott, King's College London.