Dublin City University, Ireland
30 – 31 August 2012
Deadline for abstracts: 27 April 2012
AISHE-C 2012 is the eighth international conference of the All Ireland Society for Higher Education; the overall theme of the conference is Responding to Change: Effective Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. The Keynote Speakers will be Tara Brabazon, University of Ontario Institute of technology, Canada and David Baume, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom. The conference showcases the best of scholarship within the island of Ireland, and also warmly welcomes international participants who can share wider experience and perspectives.
Specific topics will include:
- Fostering Creativity & Reflection in Higher Education
- Graduates for a Digital Age: Information and Digital Literacy
- Student Centred Approaches to Learning, Teaching & Research
- Clustering and Collaboration among Higher Education Institutions
- Interdisciplinarity in Learning & Teaching
- Responding to the Changing Student Cohort
- Engaging Students through Technology Enhanced Learning (elearning, mobile learning, facebook, secondlife, etc.)
The emphasis should be on reflection and evaluation rather than merely on describing what is happening.
All accepted presentations at the conference will be assigned to one of two presentation formats or conference "tracks":
- Oral/workshop: Oral presentation of research, evaluation, policy or practice with the emphasis on drawing out lessons for others and involving participants in engaging with your findings.
- Poster: Posters will be displayed throughout the conference; there will be an assigned programme session specifically for participant discussion with poster presenters.
A proposal for presentation at the conference should be submitted in the form of an abstract only, not to exceed 300 words in length.