The Creative Contexts website was developed by Dr Dan Ashton during 2011-12 through Higher Education Academy funding as a resource for students to share their experiences from work placements in the media industries.
The website hosts short films (3 minutes) created by students using varying styles, approaches and content, and these will be supplemented with contributions from employers / placement hosts, HE tutors, and Careers Advisors.
Films can cover:
- Identifying and securing work placements
- Insights into working with others; activities undertaken; use of equipment
- How work placement experiences connect together and can be applied across different settings
- Challenges encountered and responses
- Feelings and experiences of ‘fitting in’
You are invited to use the site as a resource, encourage students to contribute, and make your own films. The project is also in evaluation stages and your valuable comments and suggestions for helping taking the site forward would be greatly appreciated. See the ‘about’ page for ‘guidelines on contributing’ and a questionnaire for ‘evaluating the project’ (responses by the end of June would be a huge help).